Friday 31 December 2010

J's Chimes: Cleaning Clearing Models....


It's the time of year once again and had decided to do a major spring cleaning of my cabinets that houses my scale models and figures. It is wise to check your models and clean them occasionally because it might be stained or dirtied after exposing to the environment, which is especially so in Singapore because of its wet and humid weather.


I just had to take out and clean every single one of the models, figures and Gashapons that I had. Just as mentioned before about how PVCs may melt overtime, it is wise to clean it so that further damage would not occur to your hard earned models... This is especially so to gashapons as they are made of poor quality plastic materials that may melt overtime when exposed to the environment...


After which, I would rearrange the placement of the Gashapons at the bottom of the display cabinet. I absolutely adore the Mecha Musume series which look similar to Sky Girls or the anime Strike Witches. However, the materials melt and thus would have to do a really thorough cleaning to wipe off the stickiness of the melted plastic that covers the figure.


The second level displays my classic anime figures that I collect from years ago till now. The arrangement is kinda bad though because of the mixture of small to medium sized figures... Well, due to space constraints it is inevitable to place it properly though...


The 3rd level contains mostly the BOME series from Kaiyodo and some miscellaneous models from Evangelion to The Revoltech figure boxes behind... I love BOME series models because its rather detail and nice. However, it seems that the series had stopped somehow...


My favorite models are placed on the 4th level within eye level. Scale models include Pixie Hoyori, Nagato, Mina, etc. My figmas are also placed behind in boxes... One of the problems with figma figures is that I just do not know where to find a place to store their additional parts. And I just couldn't make a wonderful pose for the figures to display, and thus they stay in the box for safe keeping... Occasionally took them out to play for a bit...


The 5th level also displays some of the few models that I loved too. Also making way for this shelf space for the newer models am getting next year... Yup... Some of my scale models are still inside the box. Sometimes I just couldn't bare to expose them into the environment. And the box looks so cool too that its unbearable to throw them away...


The highest level sits a couple of models which also may be retired soon enough as newer models are being bought next year. Behind sits 2 figures of Mikuru which is wrapped in plastic. The top of the cabinet is considered as the blind spot of my collections as you'd rarely paid attention to it because its so darn high... Ya can't put Gashapons there and would seem to be the most neglected corner of all...

No comments: