Friday 12 November 2010

J's Chimes: Arm Guard Completed...


Yup... Had finally completed my arm guard but still thinking whether or not to wear it to AFA X as it may hinder my photography... In any case, this took me about a week or so just to complete... Here's a little sketch of the sections of it...


Had to literally drew the parts out on paper for a trial first before proceeding to using the foam sheets and the Synthetic leather for the armor... Quite the tedius work there as have to manually drew and measure by hand...


The foam sheets are later cut and glued together. Once the shapes are out, the synthetic PVC leather is then glued onto it. This makes it elastic and flexible. Adhesives were used as its stronger.


Ran out of black foam sheets and replaced it with another color instead. This is a photo of the shoulder armor in its preparatory stages... Seriously I didn't even think that it might turn out so well though...


The armor for the wrist, elbow and till the shoulder. didn't make the armor for my fingers as I would not be able to hold my camera if I did... (And that would be disastrous as I would definitely be taking photos of the convention...)


the Armor for the shoulder and misc. Still pondering whether to wear it to AFA X or not... In any case, it is quite an amazing feat to be able to create it from scratch... Didn't expect it to turn out well despite man setbacks. But now comes the most challenging part... Should I wear to Suntec City? (Doubt would have the time to put it on when queuing up for the opening...

No comments: