Saturday 24 April 2010

J's Chimes: Meaningful Quotes And Phrases In Animes


In almost all Japanese animations, there are bound to be meaningful or unforgettable quotes and phrases that will surely catch your attention. In the case of Suzumiya Haruih No Yuutsu, Haruhi's weird introduction is often remembered: 'I'm Haruhi Suzumiya, from East Junior High. First off, I'm not interested in ordinary people. But, if any of you are aliens, time-travelers, or espers, please come see me. That is all! ' (In episode 1)

And here are 7 meaningful quotes in which had gathered from various animes in which i think is kinda relevant, at least from anime point of view:

Akira - By Kiyoko
The future is not a straight line. There are many different pathways. We must try to decide that future for ourselves.

Chrono Crusade - By Chrono
I want...to change things. I want to believe that anything can be changed. The moment I met you, a new world opened up for me. You see, after wandering in the darkness for so long, a light brought me happiness. It's all thanks to you.

Fruit Basket - By Tohru Honda
My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me.

Gundam Seed - By Kira
If I have the power to make a difference, why not put it to good use?

Tokyo Mew Mew - By Ichigo
A lot of things have happened, but it was good to find a new friend.

Welcome to NHK - By Satou
You're not going home a loser.

Zoids Chaotic Century - By Colonel Schubaltz
That's some good advice. Maybe I should write that down, frame it, and stick it up on my wall.

Sometimes its best to watch animes attentively or watch it twice in order to grasped what you've missed out or what they are trying to say. You might even get to understand certain things better or some jokes more funnier than ever. For example, I really can't stop laughing in Baka Test even after watching it more than once. Phrases and quotes thus become clearer and understood... Of course there are many more good quotes from all various animes so you may wanna keep a lookout on those now...

No comments: